You may have noticed that there was a long break again from posting, not that it isn't uncommon for me to just not "feeling" like blogging, but this time we have just been crazy busy. A dear friend that we have been stationed with at the last 3 bases just purchased a short sale. Needless to say it wasn't in the best condition after sitting empty for almost 2 years. Her husband is currently deployed and this is their first home purchase, they can see the light at the end of the tunnel with retirement and thought it was time to let the kids have some consistency and finish off school here.
Shortly after the ink was dry on the papers, the skies opened up and it rained cats and dogs...confirming that those stains on the carpet were indeed bigger problems then just someone spilling a can of soda. So one Sunday we ripped up the carpet and found the long crack along the outside wall.
We tore all the carpet, rug pad, carpet tack strips, and base moldings to start the clean up phase.
Next we got our the bleach to scrub off the mold that was present on the sheet rock. Quite easy, and with some down spout extensions no more water has been present and no nasty mold either. She plans on sealing the crack, but is researching the best way to do so.
We were left with a small pile of trash ready to be broken down and taken to the dump.
The next joint task was painting her daughters bedroom. All the walls in this house seem to suffer from bad paint jobs, the bank realtor decided to have the whole house painted to get it sold...unfortunately they skimped on a quality painter.
We took the time to tape everything and do it right.
Her daughter requested a Paris/Persian room. So we started with painting it all in a flat pink...even the ceiling. And then taped 8" sections off that would be painted in the same color pink, but in the glossy finish. We used a handy tape measure and levels to get them just right.
You will have to come back to see the finished product...we have been busy moving their things in the past week.